Sunday, March 20, 2016

BOOK REVIEW | Always Watching by Lynette Eason

Always Watching Always Watching by Lynette Eason
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Always Watching is the first novel I've read by Lynette Eason. I tend not to read a lot of Christian fiction, mainly because, in the few novels I've read in that genre, I found the dialogue unrealistic or the plot underdeveloped or ridiculous. So I'm thrilled to have discovered Lynette Eason.

I'm a sucker for female leads who kick butt in a non-cliche way. Always Watching represents the first in a new series, Elite Guardians, which is a bodyguard agency staffed entirely by females. Wade, the protagonist, is a psychologist who hosts a weekly radio call-in program. When he receives death threats from a stalker who is determined to develop a romantic relationship with him, a team of bodyguards is hired. The obsession turns deadly for those around Wade and his head bodyguard, Olivia. Think the 1992 film The Bodyguard, with the roles reversed. However, the story moves along in a quite different manner. When Olivia suggested they go away so she can better protect him, Eason had me worried her story would become a retread! But Wade declined the suggestion and things got on track.

Eason planted several red herrings along the way, which were effective as I read. She kept me guessing. Though it might be classified as romance, this is a suspense novel with romantic suggestions woven in here and there--which makes this a read a guy can enjoy.

Looking forward to the next book in the series! Great job, Lynette Eason!

View all my reviews

Never give up!

John Herrick
johnherrick.net
johnherricknet.blogspot.com
facebook.com/johnherrickbooks
@johnherrick

Today's Playlist:  Cece Winans by Cece Winans

No comments:

Post a Comment