Sunday, June 23, 2013

My Desert Island Top 10 List

Many people have a desert island list, the list of albums you'd want to keep handy if you ever found yourself stranded on an island. I'd never compiled one before but thought it would be fun to see what would wind up on it. Perhaps it would shed some light on the perspective or tone of my books, who knows! It wound up as diverse as my music shelves.

These are the CDs I've tended to dig up often to play in the car. So at the risk of causing some laughter out there, here is my own Top 10 Desert Island List, in no particular order:

Rumours - Fleetwood Mac
Automatic for the People - REM
Labour of Love II - UB40
Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation 1814 - Janet Jackson
Lift Him Up - Ron Kenoly
August and Everything After - Counting Crows
Listen Without Prejudice, Volume 1 - George Michael
So Close to You - Kent Henry
What's Going On - Marvin Gaye
One More Story - Peter Cetera

On a book note, if you haven't picked up my free e-book 8 Reasons Your Life Matters, it's available now. Amazon has also marked it free for a limited time, and it's currently #2 on its (free) Christian Inspiration list and in the top 10 of the Motivational Self-Help list.

Thanks readers. Love ya.

Never give up!

John Herrick
johnherrick.net
johnherricknet.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Nice list. Wouldn't have guessed some of the albums!

    ReplyDelete