Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year

Happy new year, readers! I hope your holidays were blessed big time.

On the home front, our Christmas was extra special because I finally got to meet my baby niece, who lives halfway across the country. She's such a treasure! Along with the visit came the playtime, diaper changing, feeding, burping and all the other good stuff that goes along with a baby, and Uncle John loved every minute of it. I'll play the proud uncle and post a couple of pictures here. My sister-in-law dubbed me the kid's nap buddy because, in the picture below, she managed to nap on my chest like that for about two hours Christmas day.




On the book front, thanks to you readers who ask about my "real" first novel, The Landing, written a few years ago but never published. I should have some news for you during 2012.

Slowly but surely, I'm making my way through the first draft of book number three. I'm about 2/3 of the way to my goal length and only about halfway through my outline, so I'll estimate its final length at 325-350 pages. Due to holidays and schedule variances in the fall, the writing process slows down temporarily, but I'll return to full mode this month.

I always enjoy hearing from readers, so feel free to contact me at my website. May 2012 prove a blessed and prosperous year for you all, and may you take a vital step forward toward your destiny.

Never give up!

John Herrick
www.johnherrick.net
johnherricknet.blogspot.com

6 comments: