Thursday, January 20, 2011

NEWS | Next Novel Update

When planning my novels, I tend to prime the pump with brainstorms, outline attempts, and so forth. It starts out with my feeling like I'm at a standstill. But in time, something unlocks and pieces of the puzzle come forth. It's a long process, but I've learned it's worth the wait because the resulting novel tends to be written from the heart, driven by a passionate hunger.

I'm thrilled to report that, at long last and to my relief, the unlocking seems to have occurred! So the next novel continues to build. My goal for 2011 is to construct an outline, conduct research, write the first draft, and complete the first revision by December 31. If all goes well, the final manuscript should be ready by spring of next year--about 14 months away.

Thanks for everyone's support!

John Herrick
www.johnherrick.net
johnherricknet.blogspot.com

Tonight's playlist: New Beginning by Tracy Chapman

No comments:

Post a Comment